GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
When you click below to submit an abstract you will be redirected to a Kaigi Conferencing and Events (our conference partner) web portal where you will be asked to set up an account (or sign in if you have an existing account) and then follow prompts to submit your abstract. Here you will find further information regarding abstract submission.
APVW 2022 will feature the following presentation types. All are equally valued contributions, and different presentation formats may be best suited to different kinds of content. Delegates are encouraged to select the presentation format that best suits the material to be presented.
Oral Presentation (15 minutes: 12 minute talk + 3 minute Q&A)
Oral presentations are ideal for presenting research projects that are close to completion, with emerging conclusions. This style of performance allows the author to place their work in a broader context, and to discuss hypotheses, study design, and outcomes in detail.
Speed talk (5 minutes: 4-minute talk + 1-minute changeover)
Speed talks allow you to present your research in a short, concise, and energetic format. Speed talks are the best choice for research with one main idea or result.
ABSTRACT SELECTION CRITERIA
The Scientific Committee will attempt to accommodate the preferred presentation type for all delegates, but inevitably the number of oral presentations (15 min) that can be adjusted in the program is limited. Sometimes the number of delegates requesting oral presentations exceeds the places available.
The criteria used to assess abstracts may include:
- relevance to the objectives of the Australian Plant Virology Workshop
- scientific merit, originality and interest
- compliance with the word count and format requirements for abstracts
Abstracts for 15 min oral presentations may be submitted before all analyses and interpretations of the results have been finalised, but authors MUST report some specific preliminary results. Vague statements such as ‘results will be discussed’ are not acceptable.
When submitting an abstract, you will be required to provide the following information:
- Abstract title: a brief, interesting and explicit description of the presentation
- An indication of the selected symposium, or general session
- Name and contact details of lead presenting author
- Preferred presentation type (oral presentation, speed talk, poster)
- Authors’ names (lead author is normally expected to present the material)
- Authors’ affiliations
- Biography of presenting author (name, present role, area of research interest)
- Acknowledgement that you intend registering and attending APVW 2022 if your abstract is accepted
Early submission of abstracts is encouraged. Some time will be required to put together all components of the submission so please submit your abstract well before the closing date of 15 August 2022 to avoid frustration.
Abstract notifications will be sent to submitting authors from Monday 19 September 2022.
If you have any queries with the submission process please go to the “Contact us” tab or contact the Conference Secretariat on +61 2 6198 3218 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org